THE REMINGTON CARRIAGE MUSEUM WILL REOPEN ON JUNE 20, 2020.
WEBSITE UPDATE – VISITOR GUIDELINES
SITE: Remington Carriage Museum
Preparing for your visit:
We are happy to welcome you back to the Remington Carriage Museum! We ask you to work together with us to keep the museum a safe space for you, other visitors and our staff. Please read below for further details on what to expect when you visit.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- Limiting visitor numbers (maximum occupancy of 100 visitors at a time).
- Encouraging physical distancing with signage, spacing 'dots' and one-way-only route markers.
- Providing physical barriers such as Plexiglass shields at admissions, gift shop areas and on our carriage rides.
- Hands-on or interactive displays are being regularly cleaned, or they are being closed, covered or removed.
- Providing substantial access to hand sanitizing and hand washing facilities.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facility.
What we are asking of our visitors:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Please bring and wear a non-medical face mask. (Note that we will not be providing masks to visitors.)
- Practice good hygiene. This includes washing your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit, avoiding touching your face, and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- Touch artifacts and information panels with your eyes – not your hands.
- Keep your family unit together, and keep children within reach at all times.
- Follow the one-way-only route markers.
- Please be patient - don't cross the barriers or crowd around exhibits, practice physical distancing, keep 2 metres away from others and wait your turn.
- Download and utilize the ABTraceTogether app.
- Bring your own strollers, as these are not available at this time.
- Bring your own food to enjoy at our outside picnic tables or on our lawn, as there is no food service on site at this time.
- The Main and Storage Galleries will be open, with limited visitor capacity.
- Carriage rides will be operating in early July with physical distancing barriers in place.
- Our gift shop is open, with restrictions on the number of patrons at any time to support physical distancing.
- Food services – please bring your own food to enjoy at our outside picnic tables or on our lawn.
- Water fountains – please plan ahead and bring your own water, as there is no food service on site at this time.
- Main theatre.
- We are not offering educational programs, school trips, or group visits at this time.
- We are not hosting or taking booking for facility rentals or events.
- Our stable will be closed to the public, but carriage rides will be available starting early July, with proper physical distancing precautions in place.
The safety of all visitors and staff is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation and will determine if additional precautions are needed.
We ask that everyone continue to follow alberta.ca/covid19 for the latest information on this situation. For information in a variety of languages please visit alberta.ca/covid-19-information-posters.aspx